- Equatorial Guinea is not yet ready for tourism, this is why we only offer full guided land packages if we help in visa process*.
- Visas are required for all foreigners except for American citizens.
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- There are no visas "on arrival". It is only possible to obtain the visa in advance.
- Check which Embassy is closest to your official place of residence. EG Embassies.
- Visas are valid for 60 days from the signing day and the stay in the country will be determined by the Embassy.
- The manegement should be started two months before the scheduled date of travel.
- Ruta 47 can manage your visa if a tourist package* is bought (at least 3/4 nights). The time for issuing a visa is approximately one week or from two to three weeks in the case the management is included.
- We only issue the LOI (Letter of Invitation) or any other doc for getting visa if a full package tour* is bought.
- The Guinean authorities require a special tourist permit to visit the country and for taking pictures.
- If you are a professional photographer you need specific permit.
- Ruta 47 manages all ordinary tourist permits to their customers, making delivery thereof on arrival.
- There are neither at the entrance or exit.
- The best option is to get euros and change into local currency. Although it is also possible to change dollars.
- The official exchange rate is 1 €uro = 655,957FCFA (XAF).
- ATMs are scarce so its use is recommended only in cases of necessity.
- Credit cards are accepted in very few establishments.
- Upon arrival in Malabo yellow fever book will be required.
- Malaria prophylaxis and mosquito repellent are recommended.
- The water used for drinking, brushing teeth or for ice should be mineral, and is readily available anywhere in the country.
BEST TIME TO VISIT EQUATORIAL GUINEA
- The best time to visit Equatorial Guinea is during the dry season from November to April. The climate is tropical all year round, but heavy rainfall should be expected most of the year. Lightweight, waterproof clothes are advisable and dark colors should be avoided because they attract mosquitoes.
- Clothing is recommended, lightweight and comfortable shoes. In addition, waterproof recommended for the rainy season (April to November).
* Full Package is composed of accommodation, transfers, guided tours and domestic flights (if necessary).